is a leading Digital Marketing Agency, specializing in Google Adwords campaigns and custom Facebook Pages
. With offices in Los Angeles & Toronto and team members across the continent, Candybox was looking to replace their spreadsheet collaborations with an easy-to-use online software. They are now launching new web-presences for Fortune 500 companies with the help of DeskAway
, and were able to eliminate all of their old systems.
Here is the CEO, Darrell Keezer's email to his team after they zero'ed in on DeskAway.
I have spent the past two days learning / evaluating / trying / testing and getting frustrated with a number of online tools to help us collaborate better on projects. Though my experience with online tools, they are really only as useful as people contribute to them, and people only contribute if it is quick and easy. Here are the main things that I was looking for in an online tool:
- Simple interface for us to enter / track information
- Ability to duplicate projects so that we aren't stuck entering in the same information over and over again.
- Non-offensive notification systems and reminders
- A place where we can store important documents that the entire team can get access too.
- A calendar that we can use to understand delivery times.
Yesterday I narrowed our search down to three vendors, Fogbugz, DeskAway & Basecamp - all online paid services that should be able to meet our needs. After creating projects in each of them, I have found DeskAway to be the best tool that matches all of our requirements above. If you have received login / task information from Fogbugz or Basecamp, please disregard, I have deleted these test accounts.
Here are the coolest features that I have found with DeskAway that we will all enjoy!
- Super easy to take one project (a Facebook page) and duplicate it for a new customer in seconds.
- Get one daily email about everything that is coming up to be due (for you)
- Integrates with iCal so that you can subscribe to all of your deliverable dates.
- Get cc'd on tasks that relate to you.
With a simple online project system, we will be able to ensure everyone is informed of work that needs to be done, timelines and communicate with other team members across the country.
I would now ask that everyone could do the following to help the launch of DeskAway:
- Login to the site and personalize your profile (add a picture if you want just for fun).
- Review any projects / tasks that you are a part of. We are currently setting up projects, so this is not a fully exhaustive list at this point.
- Provide feedback on what you see, and ways that we could make it better, or setup differently.
- Add any notes / comments or even files to projects or tasks just to give it a try.
- Bookmark the login page so that you can be sure to find it later.
- Click on 'Reminder' in the top right hand corner and setup when you'd like to receive your regular email reminders (daily).
- Go to 'Calendar' and subscribe to the iCal. I am not sure if it will only give you your tasks - let me know if this works.
I will be sending through your log in information now, so give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
Thank you Darrell for giving us permission to reuse parts of the email.
If you are using DeskAway and would like to get featured, please drop us a note and we will get in touch with you.